Tuesday, May 18, 2010

red head

This thing is actually about the size of a large pea.  When I first moved to c-don and decided to take pictures, I thought that--unlike DC--there's just nothing to photograph around here that's very interesting; just a bunch of pre-fabbed houses and neatly mown lawns.  Well, it is that in a way, of course, but I came to realize that it was much more accurate to blame my lack of skills and unimaginative eye for the lack of interesting pictures.  Ever since then, I haven't had much trouble finding good pictures (well, 'good' might be pushing it, but you know...)--I just kinda give myself an angry "don't be boring" scowl and look a little deeper and a little longer and something always pops out at me.  I like this picture because it represents this concept to me.  Literally, this raspberry thing wasn't there yesterday, and today it was.  You just have to keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment